Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I do declare . . .

Welcome back to my blog!  Again!  2014 has arrived to find me down and out with my first "official" case of "influenza"  H1N1 - a darn nasty cold and wasted week of a perfectly great life.  Soooooo I haven't had a chance to celebrate my favorite evening of the year - New Year's Eve - nor set up my "plan" for a brand new year!  I am about ready to do that though.  As you my faithful readers know - I love the New Year and the freshness it brings with new starts!  Last year I posted the challenge to learn five new things in 2013.  I did have a great time learning how to identify and shoot several different firearms - check it out here.  I also beefed up my CPR training.  And then it was downhill.   I did not learn Algebra I, the electric slide, nor how to knit.  No worries!  I will do it this year!!

I apologize to my daughter Casey the math teacher, that I did not get the four week Algebra I class done that I intended.  She loaned me a text book and was all ready to tutor me through it last summer . . . a feat I'm sure isn't at the TOP of her TO DO list! :)

Learning the Electric Slide is my celebration dance!!  I fully intend to get to my ideal weight and with that to learn to do some dance moves!  I have always felt awkward on the dance floor - but the electric slide just looks like so much fun!!!!!

Check back this week as I roll out my plans for 2014 and my 55th year of blessed living!  I will share the things I am focusing on this year - - - all with an ultimate goal of keeping things simple, low key, and comfortable!!

Here are some hints of what I'm looking towards . . .

       Reading More!

           Exercise!

               Enjoying Work!

                       Stress-free Travel!

                               Re-evaluating Friendships!

                                           Homemaking!

                                                  Worship!


Thanks for following me - I hope I haven't lost my few loyal readers as I have been bouncing about for several months without a focus!    Hope you all had a great holiday and Happy New Year!!

“By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own.” – Mark Victor









1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. I also started the New Year off with the flu. You're right a week wasted! Good luck with your plans for 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!